It’s not one or the other. To effectively protect against cyberthreats in cloud and hybrid environments, you must be deeply experienced in both cloud and security. At Armor, we’ve honed this dual-expertise over the past decade by building and maintaining our own secure cloud infrastructure and defending it with the best security professionals and processes.
By cutting our teeth in our own secure environment, we could extend that same level of security and control to other cloud environments—including hybrid and public clouds.
Armor Security Operations (SecOps) is staffed with experts in each of these areas:
Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Indications and Warnings (I&W): 24/7/365, this team is always monitoring your security posture, looking for anomalies and suspicious activity. In the event of potential compromise, they quickly escalate security events for deeper assessment and response.
- Incident Response & Forensics (IRF): When suspicious activity is detected, our IRF team dives into forensics analysis to determine if the incident is a true positive. If a compromised host is detected, they work with the customer to contain, eradicate and recover from the threat, usually in less than 24 hours. After the threat is remediated, they coordinate with customers to address the root cause of the compromise and prevent future attacks through the same vector.
- Vulnerability Threat Management (VTM): Threat actors are always looking for an easy way in to your environment. This is why vulnerability and patch management are essential for lowering your environment’s surface area of attack. Our aggressive vulnerability assessment program keeps our customers’ infrastructure hardened against attack.
- Threat Resistance Unit (TRU): Our TRU team provides actionable cyber threat intelligence that allows us to anticipate, and block a large majority of the cyber-attacks against our customers, allowing us to provide unparalleled protection in the cloud. We collect and analyze data from 150 plus threat intelligence feeds to create a detailed overview of current and emerging threats. This keeps us a step ahead of threat actors, able to block their attacks before they even have a plan of attack.
- Friendly Network Forces (FNF): We combined former National Security Agency online operators with our most experienced Armor engineer, to create an internal threat hunting team. These talented threat hunters look for gaps or seams in the security surveillance of our customer networks. In other words, we have the best hackers in the world, trying to break into our environment to make sure no one else can.
- Compliance Expertise: Our solutions were purpose-built to meet the requirements of compliance standards such as HIPAA, HITRUST CSF, PCI DSS, and GDPR.
And, considering how long we’ve been defending cloud data with purpose-built solutions, as well as the immense depth of our security talent, we don’t expect them to catch up.