WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Inventory your network to look for vulnerable systems.
- Continually monitor vendor sites for patch availability for your installed Operating Systems.
- Test and apply patches when available.
- Adhere to current security best practices.
- Be wary of vendors claiming to address security risks associated with this newly announced vulnerability. Until Intel and the operating system developers release further details, we cannot know for sure what mitigating controls could be used to reduce or eliminate the risk.