What you can do:
- Inventory your network to look for vulnerable systems.
- Confirm your antivirus is compatible with the updates.
- Monitor vendor sites for patch availability for your installed operating systems.
- Test and apply patches when available.
- Scan patched systems after patch completion to confirm.
- Adhere to current security best practices.
- Be wary of any vendors claiming to address security risks for this newly announced vulnerability. Until Intel and the operating system developers release further details, we cannot know for sure what mitigating controls could be used to reduce your risk.